Friday, September 3, 2010

::Sweet Battles - Destiny::

I came across this post that an old, good friend of mine tagged me in on facebook. He writes about the battle that destiny brings about... This hit me so hard in the chest that I was compelled to re-post and share. Read, meditate, discuss, share.

Thanks Niq. 


Destiny - Nicholas James


To put it honestly, I'm not happy. I'm up nightly, arguing with my destiny...praying it don't get physical cuz I don't view it as my enemy. Its almost like viewin me, but the present...he kinda look like the future me. I guess I envy he, cuz he look like me, act like me, well dammit he is me exactly. But where I wanna be, who I wanna see on the mirrors other side starring right back at me. I wonder how his life is when he leaves that bathroom..idk cuz once he leaves its hard to talk to him. Its prolly no second guessin or hesitation involved. I'm sure by the time I become him all of that is resolved. All the pain has evolved and the rain has dissolved...I bet he spends his days protectin it as this planet revolves. I can't stand it..I fall. I can't land it..we crash. I'm tryna do the impossible, like landin in a pool with not splash. I'm tryna get high, no hash. I'm tryna make a withdrawal...no cash. I'm tryna express a dream without having you laugh. He is who I want to be. I wanna be who I see every morning. I wanna be who you see when you look at me. But that's another impossiblity cuz you can't plz everybody. When I look at everybody else, greatness is what I see. I can see no greatness when I look at me. He is all I see...in that bathroom mirror...the future me..I would love to kno what he's doing when he leaves. Can someone PLZ tell me what he's doin different from me.....??






























::C.Renee::

2 comments:

  1. This is so deep on so many levels. I have been there. Just standing in the mirror at your lowest moment saying, "who is this person and who should it be?" Damn. I've been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually felt this today. On point ! I like this a lot.

    ReplyDelete