Friday, September 10, 2010

::Sweet Aesthetics - The Last Stand::

 Figured it's been a minute since I've posted some poetry of mine... So, here goes it...






 The Last Stand

High noon…
The dust settles in the infinite space between We
No shadows to conceal the actualities
Wide open territories that remain unclaimed
Like the area where my devotion resides…

My heart,
So pure, so corrupt
Filled with tainted emotion
And
Half healed wounds

I love thee…

With naive faith that you’ll do the same…
But

In reality
You live gate guarded
Emotionally

And I can only be me
One in the same
With our without your soul’s presence next to mine

So
Here we stand

Separated

Amongst the debris of the broken hearted
And
Amidst the clouds of ambiguity

But I am certain that the population of the lonely
Will not include me…

I made myself available to you
To have

But my love, you refused to hold

Therefore, I make the testament that
Loving me is more than sufficient

Rather than a questionable future

With you

I devoted
Written
Line after line

And forgiven you
Countless
Time after time

And yet,
Still,
I am not enough

You took for granted my
Virtue
Violently
Victimized my
Visible
Vitality. You were my
Viral
Vice. But, I am
Valiantly
Vindicated

Justifying that
Which is
Unjustifiable

Clarifying my emotions for the sake of my sanity
And the RESPECT I hold for me

The least I could do is
Pack up my love
And
Talk along my
Pieced-together pride
Couple with the dilapidated dignity

You can keep the uncertainty…

This is all I have left
After I’ve graciously given you all of me
With nothing in return

I love you enough
Still

To keep some civility

I give you my blessings
And
Hopes for the best

You be well.

Respectfully…










 This is the last stand


©C. Renee

2 comments:

  1. Well said!!! I'm digging your way with words. I love "...Amongst the debris of the broken hearted and amidst the clouds of ambiguity."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumbled upon your page and WOW! Just broke up with my bf of 3 yrs and you hit home! THANK YOU and BLESSINGS!

    ReplyDelete