Thursday, February 3, 2011

::Sweet Self-Esteem - Embracing My Sexy::

I'm young, I'm single, and dammit I'm sexy! ;-D

Mind you, I've come a LONG way accepting all of this. In the past few months, I have been coping with the idea of being unattached. Granted, I've been single for quite some time now, but recently I've had to understand that this is probably a good place for me... Until the right one shows himself, of course.

Growing up, I've always been the odd one out. Kind of awkward. I'm the tall, short-girl. I've been too skinny. Never had 'Good' or long hair. Regular brown eyes. Overly ambitious and inquisitive. Too-big, toothy smile. Four-eyed, tooth-pick legged brat (Gosh elementary school kids are evil! lol). Flat butt, no chest... The list goes on and on...

All these things about myself are what other people deemed negative. And in turn, made me feel the same. You know how the saying goes that "if several people are saying the same thing about you then it must be true"? I believed that saying early on, based on my school aged peers.

It wasn't until coming into adulthood that I began to realize and believe that it's not what THEY say that makes you who you are. It's what YOU say and believe about yourself. This #BeautifulCrusade has offered a lot of positive insight about myself. I am truly learning who I am as a young woman and how I best operate within my purpose.

I understand that society has varying definitions of what Sexy is. Long hair, voluptuous physical features, exotic eyes, etc... None of this I have. But, I will not be defined by societal standards and generalizations.

My sexy is beautiful. My sexy is intelligent. Motivated. Ambitious. Awkward. Gorgeous. Free-spirited. My sexy is whatever I say it is. And because of that, everyone else has no choice but to acknowledge and respect it.

I am divinely created the way I am for a distinct reason. Whatever that reason is is bigger and greater than I can ever fathom or wrap my head around. how dare I question its beauty and deny who I am? Crazy, right? The haberdashery of it all! lol

So many young women struggle with confidence and self-esteem issues because of not being "up to par" with society standards. This is clearly an epidemic among the masses, inciting an identity crisis of epic proportion. (Mattel should sue! hmmph!)

I'm writing this post to show that against what THEY say generally, everyone is uniquely and beautifully created. Each with an individually purpose. And guess what...?

THAT'S Sexy!

Embrace your sexy... It's kinda fun ;-)

Much love,
@CharriseRenee
#AmericasTweetheart


3 comments:

  1. I love this. I swear God placed you in my life and gave you this blog to touch other people. This post has the ability to touch souls, heal hearts, and change minds. I'm so in tears reading this. I needed this right now more than you ever no. I'm confident in many ways, but this is not always one of them. Continue to bless others with your #BeautifulCrusade!! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed reading your story and it inspired me to embrace my "not being up to par" sexy self more boldly. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love LOVE it, hun! I was that girl too and I had to grow into the CrazySexyCool woman I've come to adore. Very eloquent and powerful, my darling =)

    ReplyDelete