Saturday, January 8, 2011

::Sweet Beginnings - New Year, Ramblings and Weight Watchers::

First post of 2011!

I'm so glad to see another year! I can vividly remember the past two years and all that I have been brought to and through. In such a short amount of time, i have learned so much about myself and the "real world". I can honestly say, I wouldn't take back anything because my experiences in turn have made me einto the young woman I am today. Yet, I still have so much more growing to do...

I recently moved back to my hometown of Chicago and I am certain I made the right decision. It feels good to be back around familar faces and places and have the exteded ability to help my family and grow closer. since I've been back, I've been doing some heavy bonding with my mama and grandma and I've learned so much from their infinite wisdom. I guess absence really does make the heart grow fonder in the sense of loved ones and genuine appreciation.

Speaking of my mom, she's recently began participating in weight watchers and I am so proud of her! I love her drive and see results so far. She's happy and I'm glad. I've committed to helping her workout three times a week to get her back active as well as attend meetings with her. I'm trying to convince her to buy Just Dance 2 for the Wii so we can use that as one of our daily workouts lol

In lieu of all the new beginnings, I still have frustrations. I've tried seperating myself from certain people who have been cancerous and not good for my #BeautifulCrusade journey. But I still find myself dealing with certain individuals who try to force their favorable outcomes on my life. I really dislike pushy people... Really really.

In my opinion, people try to control the mindsn heart and lives of others when they can't control their own or are missing something very pertinent to their happiness and overall lifestyle. Then again, maybe they are only children or oldest out of siblings and can't help it. ::Insert shrug here::

I know what my plan is for my life... loosly. I know what I intend to achive, Lord willing, and I don't need outside sources directing it.

Too many cooks in the kitchen make terrible cornbread.

The craziest part is that I have to continually repeat myself about it! I guess I gotta shut those people out too and have extreme tunnel vision with no distractions. Just my tight cirlce of supporters and my awesome, crazy loud family.

Which brings me to my last and final point: My family might be a little of kilter and over bearing at times, but I love those people, man. Nobody's family is perfect. This is the one I've been given and they're mine for a reason. And for whatever that reason(s) is, I appreciate them more than ever before. I know some people who have even crazier families than mine or none at all. So, I'll choose to love them unconditionally, regardless of their faults, and be forever grateful.

With that said, the #BeautifulCrusade continues...


And check out fam-bam pics that I snatched from the new, never dying photo album, facebook (Thanks, Ma!)

My Auntie Diane, My Auntie Janice (California) and MY MAMA!!!!


Auntie Diane (Holding her granddaughter, Brooklynn and standing behind daughter Gabrielle), Grandma and Grandpa


Much love,
@CharriseRenee

1 comment:

  1. I love this and I love you!!! My favorite sis is home!!!! I'm glad you're walking into the destiny God has for you and I'll always be here if you need anything no matter how big or small.

    ReplyDelete