Wednesday, August 18, 2010

::Sweet Aesthetics - Decisions (Guest Post)::

 I am surrounded by so much talent and many great writers. One of whom is Deylon, affectionately known as @babebro11 on 'The Twitter' (gosh I LOVE when people say it like that! lol) Anywho, he has some very insightful thoughts and perspectives. It's nice to see a young man's point of view from time to time. He can be found at:

http://tangledupinmythoughts.blogspot.com/
http://www.thevoiceempire.blogspot.com/
Check out his poems and short stories as well as follow him on 'The Twitter' C-:



Decisions

I been watchin you as you watch dude
checkin ya makeup and fixin ya hair hopin he'll come talk to you.
In the club every week tryna find a man
acceptin drinks from fans but none worthy of even a dance.
Or maybe they're worthy of more than you think,
but you'll never give them a chance.
But this man can get anything you've ever had
and this is all just off a glance.
Too feminine to approach him, you just sit back and grin.
Pointin him out to your friends
And saying ever so drunkenly "i'm gonna get him"
But then again
He's there and you're here
And you're too scared to go anywhere near.
So you peer through the bunches of people on the dance floor
And here I am
sippin my drink
Henny on the rocks for me
and from where I'm standing it seems you're drinking a long island iced tea.
Your favorite color is pink... I think..
I can tell by your accessories and the highlights in your eyelashes that sparkle everytime you blink.
No longer just sittin in VIP
you up on your feet
partyin
movin to the beat
feelin the effects of the liquor, hoping dude will see.
And you were right, sure coulda fooled me.
Mission accomplished for you
He bought you a few more drinks.. you even got him to go home with you.
I wonder if he's the dude that's going to be your boo.
Prolly not.
You see he's married,
you woulda knew that too if you woulda just looked at the ring.
He left you in a bed of uncertainty
with just a sheet covering your nude body.
Making his way out your apartment while you were sleep
Not giving a fuck how you feel or what you think.
He even left a note saying "thanks for the ass" under a cup on the sink.
As for me,
I went home,
watched some TV, found somethin to eat and fell asleep.

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is this is the TRUTH! This was such a nice read and somewhat of a eye opener as to what men look at and its good to know that they do pay attention to somethings LOL! I have definitely found a new blog to read - Thanks Deylon!

    ReplyDelete