Thursday, August 26, 2010

::Sweet Faith - Let go, Be happy::

All summer I've been going through this career battle. (As you all have read in a few posts) I'm in a position where I don't want to be. And it's taking such a toll on my soul that it's starting to make me sick... I get intense moments of stress... Longing for career and lifelong happiness. Wishing I was in a comfortable enough position to quit and do what truly makes me happy.

But I can't... I NEED this job because I have bills to pay and I have to keep a roof over my head.... If every one of my followers donated a dollar to the "Charrise, go head and quit that job, girl!" I'd quit lol. I'd walk away and motivate people. Not sure of how I'd keep a constant flow of money but I'd make a way....

I'm continuously being a slave to this dismal paycheck and it sucks dirty monkey butt... But day by day I get closer and closer... I'm so blessed to be surrounded by people who love me and keep me motivated. Sometimes all we need is an ear, a kind word, or a greatly worded blog post to know that we're doing ok and things will be alright.

I went to a networking event yesterday and I'm so glad I got the chance to get out. I really enjoyed myself and the company that was kept. I even got a taste of some Thai food (Word to @Tamore2382 and Buddha in downtown Atlanta)

I say this all to say that sometimes, in moments of stress, we must learn to let go and CHOOSE to be happy and look at the good things that we DO have and the things that are going RIGHT when it could be so much worse. In this economy there are many people who wish they could at least have a job. And here I am complaining about mine... Something better will come along. I know it will.

I have to take my own advice that I constantly give: "Sometimes we have do the things we hate now to enjoy all the things we love later"....

But why do I have to wait?

Do what you love. Be who you are. And have faith that things are the way they are for an ultimately GREAT reason.

Much love,
Resse

4 comments:

  1. i was in the same boat a few years ago. this may help.

    http://chroniclesofthej.blogspot.com/2010/04/no-matter-what.html

    http://chroniclesofthej.blogspot.com/2010/04/you-stand-up-fight.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear it sounds like I wrote this.......this is what I was thinking yesterday, last week, last month....LOL! God is faithful and we must stay patience because our thoughts are not his thoughts.....and our plans are definitely not his! We have to understand that God has a plan and we are where we are for a reason so make the best of it and take the opportunity to encourage others. Don't forget to ENCOURAGE YOURSELF!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much guys! Really appreciate it! every day I get better and better and more confident that things are the way they are supposed to be. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in this same boat before. when I finally decided to let go and just live the life given to me, everything changed. I eventually got the job I always dreamed of, I had a serious pay increase and even more, I found peace. Stay faithful hun, it will come. Allow yourself to fall so the climb back up is easier.

    ReplyDelete