Monday, June 28, 2010

::Sweet Realities - Introspective Progression: From There to Here::

Where I am today is not where I had been days prior...

Progression is necessary for forward moving evolution. I can honestly say in moments of misunderstood tribulation and downfall, I questioned my purpose and overall ability to be great. Then I realized that failure is more than necessary. How can you measure how far you've come if a low point was never experienced?

In the past year, I've learned an entirely new geographical place, lost love, questioned self, gained & lost "friends", been nearly homeless, all the way in-the-red broke, and so much more... And all of that was vital for me to become who I am at this very second and brought me to where I am. Without it, I'd be yesterday's Charrise Renee...

We, at times, resist change because we are unsure of what's to come. We lack the necessary Faith and Trust it takes to let go and allow life to take its course. There's only so much "calculated risk" and planning you can make.

Don't get me wrong, it's IMPERATIVE to have a plan, but you must know and understand that it is only natural for change to occur.

Progress is a process that happens at an entirely different rate for everyone. And my path for life is not the same as the next person with probably the same goals or polar opposite goals. Our experiences, highs and lows are tailor made to fit us uniquely. There's no comparison. And I'm glad for all that I've endured and somewhat excited to see what will happen next so that I can choose to think positively about whatever may come my way. I know it all works for the betterment of me and my purpose.

I'm at a point now where I know for a definite fact that things are about to happen and I may not be necessarily ready. But I am confident that in my preparation and readiness for the unexpected to come, I'll be more than equipped and prepared.

Live on purpose.













C.Renee

3 comments:

  1. this post is so honest. I love the mature & transparent undertone.

    My favorite line: "Progress is a process that happens at an entirely different rate for everyone".

    Most people forget that God never asked you to live someone else's dream nor achive success at their pace. He will only hold you accountable to the plans and dreams he placed inside your heart.

    I wish you continued success on your journey. In the words of Erykah Badu

    Pack Lite...

    Rashad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erykah's my absolute fave... Glad you quoted her and thank you so much for reading and for the topic. It felt good to let that out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is giving me LIFE right now!!! I'm completely going through the lows after making a drastic change, so I completely understand where you're coming from. Thank you for this post, and for following me!! Definitely glad I followed back :)

    ReplyDelete