Wednesday, May 12, 2010

::Sweet Honesty - I'm Not Perfect::

I recently had a birthday.

Which caused me to make some re-evaluations on my life and progression I've made thus far. Before this newfound "realization", I would always be so hard on myself for not accomplishing what I said I would, given a certain time frame. I would be hard on myself for making decisions when I knew so better than to do what I had done... But the reality of it is... I'm not perfect. My imperfections are written into my human make-up perfectly...

Life is about lessons. And learning them when it's time for you to learn them. If you don't learn the first time, another lesson from the same chapter will make an appearance in life's test until you pass with flying colors. I've come to accept the fact that I'm fairly young and I have plenty of lessons to learn; class is indefinitely in session...

It's important for me, in my opinion, to assess my mistakes and decisions so that I can see the lesson in it all and experience life's ups, downs, and uncertainties to it's fullest. That's the only way to live. We can't constantly be in a battle with ourselves. That defeats the purpose of falling... It would never give us a chance to get back up.

A really good friend of mine lives by the phrase and attitude of "It Happens"...
I never really understood how something so simple could be so prominent. If we all took every step and every aspect of life so serious, there would be no room for growth and experience....

(I feel like i'm being repetitive... oh well, it's a FREE WRITE lol)

I look forward to adulthood, acquiring wisdom, and making mistakes. My mistakes, my joys, my personality, my experiences, my encounters, etc... That all makes me who I am. If one thing were to change... I wouldn't be me.




"Let me know if you feel it, man/'Cause everything I'm not made me everything I am" - Kanye West





Much Love,
C.Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment